How to care for your silk?
How to care for your silk items?
We know that life is busy & washing by hand can take time out of your schedule that’s why we made it ok for you to put your silk pillowcases in the washing machine. But only using silk safe detergent and on a cold gentle cycle. Never dry in the machine (always lay flat to dry). We recommend using a washing bag specifically for delicate items, as it keeps your silks safer.
If you do have time we do recommend hand washing. Here is our fail safe guide to keep your silks in perfect condition. We want you to prolong the life of your beautiful silk products for as long as possible.
1. Place your silk pillow case or hair accessory in cold water with a mild silk-friendly detergent.
2. Leave it to soak (no more than 5 minutes, as your items may shrink).
3. Swish the garment slowly & gently.
4. Rinse with fresh water.
5. To help give your silk a hydrated feel, you can use a small amount of silk safe fabric conditioner and repeat the above steps.
6. Rinse well in cold water.
7. Don’t wring out your silk item as it will damage the fibres. Lay it flat on a towel and pat out the excess water.
8. Lay it flat to dry.
9. Don’t iron on the silky side of the pillowcase as it can ruin the finish. If required turn it inside out & put a sheet over the pillowcase and iron on a low silk friendly setting.